Toolsteel is a new martensitic super-alloy that is much stronger than the super-alloy austenitic materials. Because it is capable of achieving incredibly high clamping loads, it is ideal for short but extreme environments. Toolsteel is a maraging steel that is far superior to other high strength steels, for in its resistance to stress corrosion it must be kept well-oiled and not exposed to moisture.
Toolsteel is a chromium-molybdenumvanadium alloyed steel which is characterized by :
• Good resistance to abrasion at both low and high temperatures
• High level of toughness and ductility
• Uniform and high level of machinability and polishability
• Good high-temperature strength and resistance to thermal fatigue
• Excellent through-hardening properties
• Very limited distortion during hardening
The mechanical properties are outstanding, the tensile strenght is 263.000psi, 185kp/mm2, 117tsi and 1.820N/mm2, the yeld strength is rated to 220.000psi.
Hardness is 52 HRC.
Tool Steel is the strongest steel material we can offer for our rods, eatch rod can handle +440hp.
*All our products are ISO 9001 certified.